Loading Data into Oracle Cloud ERP R10 using the new LoadAndImportData operation by Angelo Santagata
December 30, 2016 Leave a comment
As part of Oracle ERP cloud release 10 a new SOAP function has been made available to our customers which greatly simplifies the loading of ERP data using the batch oriented SOAP Services.
This article aims to give the reader, details of this new SOAP Service and how it helps in loading data files into Oracle ERP cloud.
Assuming the input file has been already produced, loading the data into Oracle ERP cloud service is traditionally a multi-step process.
The typical “happy” path is :
- 1. Load the file into Oracle Fusion ERP UCM service
- 2. Execute the first ESS Job which transfers the file from UCM to the Oracle ERP interface tables
- 3. Using a polling technique check to see when the ESS job has finished transferring the file into the interface tables
- 4. Execute a second ESS job, which transfers the file from Oracle ERP interface tables to the Oracle ERP data object tables
- 5. Use a polling technique to check to see when the file has been processed
6. Finally execute a call to the downloadESSJobExecutionDetails() operation to download a log file so you can check for success,or any errors, which need dealing with.
Whilst this approach appears attractive, as it allows the developer a great deal of control of the process, in truth this internal processing should be something that the SaaS application [Oracle ERP Cloud] should manage and provide feedback to the developer when things finish
New SOAP method in R10
As of Oracle ERP cloud Release 10 there is a new API called “loadAndImportData“, which is held within the ERPintegrationService, ( https://(FinancialDomain,Financial Common)/publicFinancialCommonErpIntegration/ErpIntegrationService?WSDL). This service has been specifically created to simplify the loading of data into Oracle ERP Cloud service by allowing you the ability to submit a file which is then automatically taken through the various stages of processing within Oracle ERP Cloud, without the user needing to execute each step of the process manually. Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.