Sending Dynamic HTML-based Emails for SOA and BPM Projects by Mark Peterson
April 13, 2017 Leave a comment
Sending email notifications in Oracle BPEL or BPM projects can turn into a major effort if you are not using ADF–and sometimes even if you are using ADF. If you use ADF, you can leverage features such as HTML editors and actionable emails. But in many situations you may need a stand-alone email formatting solution that doesn’t involve ADF, that can produce a simple HTML-based email, and that doesn’t need to be actionable. You will find that that simple SOA-based approach helps you implement your requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Integrates with BPM and BPEL
- Is HTML-based and can contain dynamic information from a database
- Leverages BPEL and BPM direct assignments and role-based assignments
- Includes a template selector, for sending different types of emails
- Handles attachments
- Intercepts and redirects emails for testing purposes
A detailed description of this email notification system is described below. Upon request we would be happy to provide the actual project code describe here.
This is a sample of the input XML. Notice the data includes
- A record ID – Used to pull data from the database for embedding information in the email
- Read the complete article here.
For regular information on Oracle SOA Suite become a member in the SOA & BPM Partner Community for registration please visit www.oracle.com/goto/emea/soa (OPN account required) If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.